What's My Team Member Style - Self-Assessment
by Kate Wartchow
What's My Team Member Style? is a team building assessment that identifies team member personality style and develops the interpersonal skills needed for effective teamwork.
Easy to use and easy to apply, the assessment measures team member preferences for one or more basic behavioral styles: Direct, Spirited, Considerate and Systematic. What's My Team Member Style also includes a feedback component that gives individuals a sense of how they are viewed by others. Combining the self-assessment with peer perceptions enables individuals to better understand their behavior, learn how to adapt it to improve interpersonal relationships, develop rapport, and ultimately, become more effective team members.
The What’s My Team Member Style? assessment starts with an 18-item inventory that takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. Each item is a pair of statements relating to team member behavior. With a limit of 5 points, assessment-takers distribute points between two statements in each pair – indicating the degree to which they feel each statement describes their behavior. Scoring the assessment reveals a “My Team Member Style Profile” and a dominant preference for one or more four personal styles: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, and Systematic. In addition to the self-assessment, the What’s My Team Member Style Feedback Form allows individuals to gauge how they are perceived by others on their team.
If you are planning to use What’s My Team Member Style in a classroom training session, we recommend you allow approximately 1 hour for interpretation of scores, topic discussion, debrief, and action planning. The Facilitator Guide also offers an easy-to-follow workshop outline that expands What’s My Team Member Style into a 2-hour program.
- Identify personal team member style
- Understand how to capitalize on style strengths and improve trouble spots
- Identify the styles of fellow teammates
- Plan how to take full advantage of the team’s mix of styles
- Realize how one is perceived by team members through peer feedback
What’s My Team Member Style is appropriate for anyone to use for both personal and management development. The assessment can be used as a standalone training assessment, or it can be incorporated into a more comprehensive TEAM BUILDING TRAINING program.
You will need to order 1 Facilitator Guide per trainer and either 1 Print Participant Guide or 1 Online Assessment for each team member. If you plan to incorporate feedback into your training, we recommend ordering 3 Feedback Forms for each individual learner.
Self Assessment Table of Contents:
- 18-item assessment with pressure-sensitive response form
- Understanding Your Team Member Style
- Scoring What’s My Team Member Style
- Interpreting Your Scores
- Team Member Style Strengths
- Team Member Style Trouble Spots
- What’s the Difference Between Team Roles and Team Styles
- Individual Reflection and Action Planning
- Your Team’s Style Profile
- Team Reflection and Action Planning