The Matrix Manager Inventory - Facilitator Set
by James P. Eicher, MA, John E. Jones, PhD, and William L. Bearley, EdD
Leading skills for today’s collaborative world.
Managing in today’s complex environment is more challenging than ever. With multi-functional teams, virtual work environments, and dotted-line reporting relationships, the once “neat-n-tidy” hierarchical flowcharts we learned about in Management 101 are being replaced with what looks more like a spider’s web — a matrix, if you will. And all of this makes the “simple” job of getting things done, well, not so simple.
The trend toward matrix management has created the need for a new leadership skill set, one that helps managers to flex and shift their focus away from a traditional “command and control” approach to a more fluid and flexible “influence and collaboration” strategy.
Introducing the Matrix Manager Inventory: Leading in a Collaborative Environment, the timely assessment and training program that’s designed to help both new and seasoned managers to acquire and develop the ability to flex between “command and control” and “influence and collaborate” management.
- Learn how to balance the skills required of traditional and matrix management
- Understand the matrix management decision-making criteria
- Build a “spectrum” of skills and behaviors that drive successful influence and collaboration
- Define the role set or network needed to be a successful matrix manager
- Overcome the daily dilemmas and challenges of matrix management
Includes: The Matrix Manager Inventory Facilitator Guide, sample online report, print self-assessment, and participant workbook, plus facilitator support materials.Order one per trainer.
Table of Contents
- Section 1: Getting Started
- Section 2: Theoretical Background
- Section 3: The Matrix Manager Inventory
- Section 4: Workshop
- Section 5: Appendix
- Sample Online Report
- Sample Print Assessment
- Sample Participant Leadership Workbook
- Matrix Manager - Self-Assessment (order 1 per participant)
- Matrix Manager - Participant Workbook (order 1 per participant)
- Read a Case Study on the Matrix Manager