Teamwork in Crisis: The Miracle of Flight 232 - DVD
(This item ships for FREE via UPS in 3-5 business days to the continental US.)
Duration: 20 minutes
- Shows what teamwork can do
- Builds team cohesiveness
- Helps groups overcome adversity
Organizational teams need everyone committed to a plan, pulling together to achieve goals, communicating vital information and executing as successfully as possible.This powerful program shows how its done under the most stressful of situations... and gives insights into how to become a high performing team under normal circumstances.
This powerful video program shows how, What'started out as a very ordinary event, turned into a catastrophic situation where teamwork helped achieve a miraculous outcome.
United Airlines Flight 232 was on a routine flight when one of its primary engines failed and the plane experienced the complete loss of hydraulic power—a situation so dire, it was doubtful anyone would survive. Captain Al Haynes and his flight crew managed to bring the plane into Sioux Gateway Airport where the outcome was far better than expected. While some passengers were lost, 184 survived as a result of teamwork by the disaster preparedness of the rescue crews on the ground, the flight crew in the air, and the air traffic controllers, who worked together to achieve results that in all respects beat the odds.
The program examines these important issues:
- Preparation – Are you'ready for what you expect to happen?
- What about what you don't expect?
- Luck – Misfortune can strike at any moment.
- Is your team willing to create its own good luck?
- Cooperation – How would you cooperate without departmental boundaries?
- When a crisis occurs, there won't be any boundaries.
- Communication – How would you communicate if your goals depended on it?
- They do, so clear communication is critical.
- Execution – Take a good look at your team's "snapshot".
- Do you like what you see?
DVD plus Downloadable Materials
Leader's Guide, Powerpoint Presentation, Participant Workbook
Downloadable materials will be emailed after order completion.
A Media Partners™ release.