How to Successfully Integrate New Employees
Most would agree that introductions to company processes and policies are a “must” when bringing in a new hire. While true, it’s also just as important to help new hires gain a comprehensive view of their role and establish an effective network to whom they may turn for support. Relationships and roles have the greatest impact on an employee’s immediate productivity and satisfaction in their new position. In fact, clear role expectations between a manager and his/her direct reports can make the difference between a relationship that succeeds and one that fails—and if it fails, turnover typically follows.
Onboarding is the training course you need to help your new hires build a foundation for success from the get-go. At its core is the Onboarding Model with four overlapping elements — Resources, Rules, Relationships, and Roles. Using these elements as a cornerstone in the onboarding process, managers learn how to become an active participant in helping new hires not only accelerate their involvement, but establish a groundwork for continual progression.
Onboarding is part of the REPRODUCIBLE TRAINING LIBRARY, a full suite of unlimited-use content that’s downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
- Explain the purpose of onboarding and the benefits it provides to newemployees.
- Describe four key onboarding elements and how they support the onboardingprocess.
- Describe actions you can take and information you can use to successfullyintegrate new employees within the context of the four key elements.
- Prepare information relating to the four onboarding elements to use andshare with new employees during the onboarding process.
- Module 1: Defining Onboarding
- Module 2: Planning for Onboarding
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Supplemental Learning Materials and Action Plan
- Approx. 50 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Note: This product is delivered as a digital download. Please make sure to mark Haply.online as a safe sender or the email may go to your Spam folder. The email may take up to 24 hours to arrive.