Negotiating Style Profile - Facilitator Set
Everybody negotiates. And whether people are striving to hit their monthly sales quota, campaigning for a deadline extension, or pitching ideas to a team, the same principles apply. There's more to effective negotiating than the outcome alone. In fact, building productive relationships is equally important. Skillful negotiators know this is the key to their success - and it's what sets them apart from the rest.
As a trainer, you can help individuals to develop their collaborative negotiating styles through thought, preparation, and skill practice. Based on Ury and Fisher's collaborative win-win model, and heavily influenced by the highly-respected Thomas-Kilmann conflict resolution model, the Negotiating Style Profile offers a simple framework for determining one's negotiating style and the likely effect it has in negotiating situations.
A powerful combination of self-assessment, 180° peer feedback, and classroom training, the Negotiating Style Profile identifies a preference for one of five negotiating styles: Defeating, Accommodating, Collaborating, Withdrawing, or Compromising.
- Learn five negotiating styles
- Identify personal negotiating style
- Discover why a win-win approach is most effective
- Learn how one's negotiation style is perceived by others
- Develop an action plan to improve negotiation style strengths
Order one per trainer. Includes the Negotiating Style Profile Facilitator Guide, sample print self-assessment, sample online report, facilitator support materials, and Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation.
Table of Contents
- Section 1: Getting Started
- Section 2: Theoretical Background
- Section 3: Workshop
- Section 4: Facilitator Support
- Section 5: Reproducible Masters
- Section 6: Sample Participant Guide and Feedback Form
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentation
- Optional Activities
- Alternative Training Design
- Training Outline Template
- Activity Handout: What Is Negotiation?
Additional product to be used with facilitation set include: