Navigating Difficult Conversations - RTL
by Janis Fisher Chan
Deliver Your Message with Poise, Empathy, and Resolve
Most managers and team leaders will not readily welcome the task of having to let an employee go or provide them with a negative performance review. These are just a couple of examples of those difficult conversations which are an unavoidable and recurring instance in the workplace. Despite their compelling presence, they don’t have to be feared or dreaded—they can be handled in such a way that increases self-confidence and encourages an environment of positivity. Navigating Difficult Conversations introduces participants to a seven-stage process for taking control in these situations and minimizing negative backlash to effect an environment of reduced stress, increased trust, improved relationships, and higher productivity. With realistic examples and role-playing activities, this program helps participants as they prepare, carry-out, and close difficult conversations in the most productive manner—leading them to embrace, rather than fear confrontation and produce long-lasting benefits for both the employee and organization.
Navigating Difficult Conversations is part of the REPRODUCIBLE TRAINING LIBRARY, a full suite of unlimited-use content that’s downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes toh andle them.
- Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations.
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthensrelationships.
- Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering theconversation.
- Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to a close.
- What Conversations are Difficult?
- What Does it Take to Handle a Difficult Conversation?
- Stages of a Difficult Conversation
- Preparing for a Difficult Conversation
- Getting the Conversation Started
- Carrying Out the Conversation
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 30 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Note: This product is delivered as a digital download. Please make sure to mark Haply.online as a safe sender or the email may go to your Spam folder. The email may take up to 24 hours to arrive.