Mental Models - RTL
The Key to Making Reality-Based Decisions
Each one of us has a perception of reality about how the world works—a mental model. Like an internal hard drive, they provide understanding, guide thinking, and direct decision making. Built from everyday experiences, outside influences, and rewards such as money and success, mental models can be both beneficial and detrimental to success. Just as technology shifts and advances, so does the need for individuals, teams, and organizations to update, flex, and reconstruct mental models to improve performance.
An excellent starting point is to create awareness. This training shows the people in your organization how to examine their mental models, separate fact from opinion, clarify assumptions, and reveal hidden beliefs. Using interactive exercises and activities, this learning experience illustrates the need to tune into one’s surroundings, look for opportunities, and approach work with an open mind.
Mental Models is part of the REPRODUCIBLE TRAINING LIBRARY , a full suite of unlimited-use content that’s downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
- Understand what mental models are and how they influence theworkplace
- Identify one's personal mental model
- Recognize the mental model assumptions
- Reveal hidden mental model biases
- Learn how to avoid typical mental mistakes
- Develop the ability to adjust mental models for better performance
- What Is a Mental Model?
- Mental Models in the Workplace
- Assessing the Accuracy of Your Mental Models
- Changing Inaccurate Mental Models
- How to Use Mental Models to Increase Performance and MinimizeMistakes
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan, Group Activities,Identify Your Mental Models, and Identify Your Mental Mistakes
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Note: This product is delivered as a digital download. Please make sure to mark Haply.online as a safe sender or the email may go to your Spam folder. The email may take up to 24 hours to arrive.