Leadership Unlimited Profile - Participant Workbook
Why some leaders make it to the top. And why others fail.
There’s no doubt that the leaders in your organization look great on paper. They’ve got degrees from leading universities, impeccable credentials, and they sailed through grueling interviews with flying colors. Yet research studies tell us that 40% of new leaders will fail within the first 18 months. And over time, that number spikes to well above 50%.
The good news is that leadership failure can not only be predicted—it can be prevented. That’s because there are five red-flag behaviors that can send any leader’s career into a tailspin.
Take action with the Leadership Unlimited Profile, the eye-opening assessment and workshop that helps managers and leaders at all levels to quickly spot the early warning signs of leadership derailment, gain rapid insight to limit those behaviors, and learn how to take control of their development before it’s too late. Based on 40 years of research, it provides specific feedback on the behaviors that can potentially limit effectiveness, including: Organizing Behavior, Relationship Behavior, Learning Initiatives Behavior, Emotional Behavior, and Career Management Behavior.
- Measure five key career behaviors and 12 scales of behaviors
- Understand the management skills needed to maintain and ensure success
- Learn how to predict problems that can cause career derailment
- Pinpoint development needs to avoid derailment
- How to develop and align critical competencies
- Identify Career Accelerators, Neutralizers, and Blockers
- Create an individual personal development plan
HOW IT WORKS
The Leadership Unlimited Profile is a comprehensive training package that includes a self assessment, workbook, and classroom workshop. Individuals respond to a 90-item inventory that addresses five scales and 12 domains. Following administration, we recommend you allow approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours for interpretation of scores, debriefing, and action planning. For a more comprehensive approach, the facilitator guide includes a step-by-step outline for a one-day workshop that’s supported by the participant workbook.
- Behaviors that limit management performance
- Organizing Behavior
- Relationship Behavior
- Learning Initiatives Behavior
- Emotional Behavior
- Career Management Behavior
- Assessment: 30 minutes
- Interpretation: 1 – 1.5 hours
- Workshop: 1 day (optional)
What to Order
The self assessment is available in both print and online formats. Order one assessment and workbook per learner. The facilitator guide includes everything you need to administer the assessment plus lead a one-day training session. Order one facilitator guide per trainer.
Table of Contents:
- Training Outline
- Focus Activity
- Review Your Report
- Set Development Goals
- Development Plan Worksheet
- Development Plan?Online Version
- Developmental Reading Resources