Extraordinary Groups - Hardcover Book
Occasionally we participate in a group that inspires us to describe the experience as "powerful" or simply "wow." Why are some teams described in such exceptional terms, while most are not? Bellman and Ryan argue that an extraordinary group emerges when a group experience satisfies two or more core needs that members intuitively bring to any group they join. Based on extensive research, the book presents the Group Needs Model to help anyone nurture extraordinary experiences in their groups and achieve outstanding results.
- Introduces a new approach for creating extraordinary experiences and results in teams
- Identifies the key characteristics that define exceptional teams
- Describes the Group Needs Model for encouraging extraordinary experiences and team success
- A timely resource for anyone who leads groups including HR and OD professionals, managers, executives, nonprofit managers and directors, virtual teams leaders, and trainers
Geoffrey Bellman is a recognized thought-leader on organizations, leadership, life, and change. He has written six books including The Consultant's Calling from Jossey-Bass. His private sector work has focused on renewing large, mature corporations. In recent years, he has given more of his attention to community-based organizations.
Kathleen Ryan is co-founder of The Orion Partnership, a firm that focuses on culture change, team development, executive on-boarding, and coaching. As one client has said, "She is an organizational consultant with an instinct for translating complex human behavior into practical concepts." Ryan is the coauthor of The Courageous Messenger and Driving Fear Out of the Workplace, both from Jossey-Bass.
- Extraordinary Teams - Facilitator Set
- Extraordinary Teams - Participant Workbook
- Extraordinary Teams Inventory - Team on-line Assessment
Note: Ships in one week.