Diversity Awareness - RTL
by Kate Ward
Fostering a Climate of Inclusion, Sensitivity, and Respect in the Workplace
A survey by Korn/Ferry International found that more than 2 million people leave their jobs each year because of unfairness in the workplace. The hiring costs which result from high turnover are a huge stumbling block to company success, not to mention the time investment that goes into screening applicants and acclimating new hires to their role. Still, the greatest hindrance to progression lies within the heart of the issue—that is, to devalue and exclude employees because they are different is to also place limitations on their contributions and ability to grow.
From fundamental attribution errors to microinequities (a term coined by researcher Mary Rowe), Diversity Awareness: Fostering an Environment of Inclusivity, Sensitivity, and Respect in the Workplace, explores the subtle ways that these limitations occur and how to combat them by fostering an environment that focuses on building respectful interactions. The program defines diversity in broad terms, recognizing that people see differences in varying ways from educational background to personal attributes and experiences, among other areas. Professionals at every level will learn how to take proactive steps to find and capitalize on unique skills as well as exercise flexible thinking and seek personal growth.
Diversity Awareness is part of the REPRODUCIBLE TRAINING LIBRARY , a full suite of unlimited-use content that’s downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
- Understand the subtle ways that bias occurs.
- Identify instances of devaluing others through small, subconsciousbehaviors and micro-inequities.
- Establish a framework to increase inclusion at the organizationallevel.
- Recognize different ways of conveying respect.
- Address conflict productively and respectfully.
- Lead by example and be part of the solution.
- Group Activity: What Does an Inclusive Workplace Look Like?
- Behaviors that Create Separation
- Fostering a Culture of Inclusion
- Lead by Example
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Note: This product is delivered as a digital download. Please make sure to mark Haply.online as a safe sender or the email may go to your Spam folder. The email may take up to 24 hours to arrive.