Cultural Competency - RTL
Culture is the shared values, traditions, norms, customs, art, history, folklore and institutions of a specific group of people.
Cultural competency is “the willingness and ability to interact respectfully and effectively with individuals and groups, acknowledging the common and different elements of our cultural identities.” The result is words and actions that recognize, affirm and value the worth of individuals and communities and protect and preserve the dignity of each.
Cultural Competency is part of the REPRODUCIBLE TRAINING LIBRARY , a full suite of unlimited-use content that’s downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
- Identify the elements of cultural competence in the workplace
- Increase understanding of their own cultural background and how itaffects their perceptions and interpretations of other cultures
- Recognize the three dimensions of cultural awareness when interactingwith other cultures
- Develop the skills needed to practice respectful and caring behaviortoward culturally diverse individuals and groups
- Understand how values differ among cultures
- Identify different communication styles among diverse culturalgroups
- Give and receive feedback in a caring, respectful way
- Adapt behaviors that support cultural competency and minimize behaviorsthat undermine it
- Cultural Competency Skills
- Generating Awareness About the World Around Us
- Effective Communication Skills
- Respectful Behaviors
- 8 hours / One Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Case Study, Action Plan,Techniques for Giving / Receiving Feedback
- Approx. 48 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Note: This product is delivered as a digital download. Please make sure to mark Haply.online as a safe sender or the email may go to your Spam folder. The email may take up to 24 hours to arrive.