Critical Thinking Fundamentals - Facilitator Set
Critical Thinking Fundamentals has been designed to help participants to arrive at more stable, effective solutions and decisions, first by learning how to build the skills that are foundational to the critical thinking process, including the ability to reason, to predict consequences, and to evaluate the merit of potential conclusions, and second by learning how to apply a consistent thought process to any situation that requires a resolution or action.
Critical Thinking Fundamentals is designed to help individuals learn and apply higher-level problem-solving skills in a low-risk environment through a number of interactive activities.
The program introduces a unique, four-step model to critical thinking built on the premise that effective critical thinking requires the ability to look at a situation from a broad to narrow perspective. Participants are given the opportunity to apply the concept behind this process in a case study.
The program is suited for classroom training. It can serve as a standalone program or be used in conjunction with other training sessions on problem solving or decision making.
- Establish a common understanding of what critical thinking is.
- Identify the foundational attitudes and skills of critical thinking.
- Provide a four-step process for using critical thinking on the job.
- Recognize and avoid common critical thinking mistakes.
- Practice new skills in a low-risk environment.
The program is suited for employees at all levels; however, it is most beneficial to those responsible for decisions that affect the larger organization.
What you Get
- Facilitator Guide: Includes sample watermarked Workbook
- Digital Facilitator Support Materials: PowerPoint Presentation, Learning Overview, Theory Background, Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ), Handout.
- (Note: Once you place an order, you will receive an email with a link and instructions for downloading/accessing the digital files.)
Save money with a Starter Kit - Facilitator Set + 6 Participant workbooks at a special price.
Workshop at a Glance
Module 1: Understanding Critical Thinking
Introduce the topic and have participants complete a self-assessment.
Time: 1 hour
Module 2: Critical Thinking Fundamentals
Have participants explore and apply the skills, characteristics, and mistakes of critical thinking in a variety of interactive activities.
Time: 2 hours
Module 3: The Critical Thinking Process
Introduce the critical thinking model and have participants practice its application.
Time: 3 hours 40 minutes
Module 4: Development Planning
Have participants reflect on what they've learned and create an action plan for applying critical thinking to their jobs.
Time: 20 minutes
Module 5: Putting It All Together
Revisit key learning points about critical thinking.
Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours 10 minutes