Career Anchors, 4th Edition - Self-Assessment
(Sold in Packs of 5)
4th Edition by Edgar H. Schein and John Van Maanen
Are your employees or clients feeling stuck in their choice of careers or dissatisfied with their current job and not sure which direction to go? For almost 50 years, people have turned to Career Anchors to discover their “career anchor,” a combination of perceived areas of competence, motives, and values related to occupational work choices. Developed by Edgar Schein at MIT’s Sloan School of Management and based on years of research, Career Anchors helps participants identify areas of competence, motives, and values related to their work choices, based on the eight "Career Anchors":
- Technical/Functional Competence
- General Managerial Competence
- Entrepreneurial Creativity
- Service/Dedication to a Cause
- Pure Challenge
What's New in the Fourth Edition?
This new edition of includes new and updated information, includes a more detailed description and elaboration of the eight anchors, and addresses the rapidly changing world of business and includes more information on globalization, heightened competition, new technologies, greater organizational instability and uncertainty and shifting societal values, all of which influence career trajectories and career anchors.
- Offers a Role Mapping Process which helps to consider the various external demands and pressures and suggests action steps if these external demands are marked by ambiguity, overload and/or conflict.
- Contains Work Career and Family/life that includes suggestions for how the work, family, and personal patterns identified can interact (for better or worse) with each of the eight career anchors.
- Presents a new “looking ahead” section of the companion Workbook that begins with a comprehensive look at how the world of work is changing and what these changes may mean for each of the career anchors.
- Includes developmental activities that participants can use as next steps in their career development.
Answers to life’s tough questions:
- Are your employees aware of the natural strengths and talents that they bring to work?
- What inspires your employees to go the extra mile on a project or initiative?
- What do your employees value most when it comes to their career?
These are tough questions, but ones that can lead to potentially life-changing revelations.
The first step on the Career Anchors journey is the Self-Assessment. This 40-item self-assessment will help participants understand their most important values, enabling them to make easier and more valid future job decisions, and assure their future workplace happiness and success. (order one per participant)
Click for our Product Fulfillment Information - This product ships in 1 week.