Building the Communication Bridge - Participant Guide
by Kate Wartchow Earle and the HRDQ Development Team
The more we know about the way we communicate, the better we can build the "communication bridge" that leads to productive relationships. Building the Communication Bridge is designed for those who want to improve their speaking and listening skills, especially in face-to-face situations. Participants gain an increased awareness of how they behave, learn how to capitalize on strengths, and develop the areas needed to become more successful communicators.
HRDQ Programs are based on the Experiential Learning Model - a unique approach to adult learning that initiates and inspires lasting change. They blend the insight of a knowledgeable facilitator with a wealth of experiential learning activities, including assessments, simulations, hands-on games, and more. Because participants interact and use skills firsthand, they know how to put learning into immediate action.
- Understand the fundamental components of the communication process
- Learn the characteristics of four communication styles
- Identify personal communication style
- Develop strategies for communicating with people who have different styles
- Recognize the behaviors that distinguish receptive listeners
- Learn how to apply effective speaking and listening skills to a variety of organizational situations
What to purchase:
- Facilitation Guide and
- One participant guide per class participant.