Black Bear - Participant Guide
(Sold in Packs of 5)
Black Bear is part of HRDQ's Team Adventure Series, a collection of eight survival simulations designed for classroom training. The HRDQ Team Adventure Series starts with a suspense-filled scenario that challenges teams to work together to escape danger with only limited resources—and each other. While most people can rest assured knowing they’ll never encounter these life-threatening situations, they do experience the similar feelings of stress and conflict that accompany everyday organizational life.
- Hone group problem-solving skills using a five-step process
- Understand the critical interpersonal skills
- Learn how groups make decisions
- Discover the advantages of consensus decision making
- Learn the three elements of synergy
Uses and Applications
- Illustrate the concept of team synergy.
- “Break the ice” among new or conflicted teams.
- Give teams a nonthreatening opportunity to work together.
- Help teams practice consensus decision making.
- Improve active listening, probing, and confronting behaviors in a realistic setting.
- Train team leaders in team facilitation skills.
- Open or close a learning session.
- Introduce an organizational change.
- Interject a fun activity into a serious agenda.
- Supplement outdoor experiential learning.
- Adventure Scenario
- Pressure-sensitive scoring
- Appalachian Trail Map
- Conversion Charts
- Guide for Improving Your Team Discussions
- How Effective is Our Team?
- Team Reflection and Action Planning
Purchase one participant guide for each participant