Black Bear - Facilitator Set
Black Bear is part of HRDQ's Team Adventure Series, a collection of eight survival simulations designed for classroom training. The HRDQ Team Adventure Series starts with a suspense-filled scenario that challenges teams to work together to escape danger with only limited resources—and each other. While most people can rest assured knowing they’ll never encounter these life-threatening situations, they do experience the similar feelings of stress and conflict that accompany everyday organizational life.
Each two-hour workshop explores the concept of synergy and helps teams to develop vital group-process skills. A comprehensive Facilitator Guide that includes everything trainers need to lead the simulation and classroom training workshop, from comprehensive background information and expert rationale to a step-by-step workshop outline, alternative training designs, and a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation.
- Hone group problem-solving skills using a five-step process
- Understand the critical interpersonal skills
- Learn how groups make decisions
- Discover the advantages of consensus decision making
- Learn the three elements of synergy
Uses and Applications
- Illustrate the concept of team synergy.
- “Break the ice” among new or conflicted teams.
- Give teams a nonthreatening opportunity to work together.
- Help teams practice consensus decision making.
- Improve active listening, probing, and confronting behaviors in a realistic setting.
- Train team leaders in team facilitation skills.
- Open or close a learning session.
- Introduce an organizational change.
- Interject a fun activity into a serious agenda.
- Supplement outdoor experiential learning.
Black Bear Scenario: On an early-morning hike in the Great Smoky Mountains, your group surprises a huge black bear – with near-fatal results. Challenge your group to make quality decisions in a crisis situation Black bear is the training tool for any group that works in a high-pressure environment.
Table of Contents
- Section 1: Getting Started
- Section 2: Theoretical Background
- Section 3: Workshop
- Section 4: Facilitator Support
- Section 5: Reproducible Masters
- Section 6: Sample Participant Guide
Purchase one facilitator set for each instructor and one participant guide for each participant