Behavioral Interviews - RTL
Behavioral Interview: An Evidence-Based Approach to Hiring the Right Candidate
by Kate Ward
When new hires fail to meet initial expectations, not only must organizations spend time and resources hiring replacement employees, but also potentially suffer a loss of productivity and, in some cases, a damaged reputation as the result of an employee's poor performance. A negative attitude, lack of punctuality, and an inability to work well with others or resolve conflict are all behavioral issues that employers can otherwise uncover during an interview—with the right know-how. Basing its teachings on the basic premise that past performance is the best indicator of future performance, Behavioral Interviews leads participants through a structured interview process from reviewing resumes to conducting interviews to evaluating candidates.
The program discloses practical, valuable tips and techniques for uncovering the most pertinent information necessary to make the best possible hiring decision. What's more, numerous real-life practice exercises, activities, and role-plays provide participants the opportunity to apply their newfound knowledge in their own place of work, ensuring greater chances for success.
This training resource comes as part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of high-quality, research-based soft-skills courseware you can download, customize, and reproduce.
- Identify competencies for which to screen
- Write behavior-based questions
- Conduct an interview effectively
- Avoid legal pitfalls
- Evaluate candidates' responses objectively
- Start new employees off on the right foot
- Goals of Behavioral Interviewing
- Identifying Competencies
- Developing Questions
- Reviewing Resumes
- Conducting Interviews
- Evaluating Candidates
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan, Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 1 hour 16 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Note: This product is delivered as a digital download. Please make sure to mark Haply.online as a safe sender or the email may go to your Spam folder. Email may take up to 24 hours.