25 Problem Solving & Decision Making Activities
by Dave Francis and Mike Woodcock
Problem solving and decision making are two of the most challenging and complex, yet vitally important skills required of individuals and teams in organizations. From well-known authors Dave Francis and Mike Woodcock, 25 Problem-Solving & Decision-Making Activities provides the tools to enhance these skills, using a variety of self-analysis assessments, survey instruments, structured experiences, and teaching resources.
Rooted in experiential principles and linked to real-world situations, the activity collection is based upon a systematic, 8-step method of problem solving and decision making:
- Tuning in
- Objective setting
- Success measures
- Information collection
- Decision making
- Reviewing to improve
The activities can be run independently or in a sequence, but are most beneficial as part of a more comprehensive training program.
- Administrative guidelines
- Background information about problem-solving and decision-making skill development
- Description of an 8-step problem-solving and decision-making approach
- Activity matrix
- Learning objectives for each activity
- Review questions for each activity
- Reproducible participant materials
Format: This activity collection is available as a digital download in Adobe Acrobat PDF or the traditional 3-ring binder version. Both formats are fully reproducible.