Accountability at Work
Accountability at Work: Creating a Culture of Ownership and Responsibility
The benefits to fostering a culture of accountability are not far-fetched. Most organizations are well aware of the end-result – high levels of employee commitment, participation, satisfaction and overall company morale just to name a few. What is less obvious is how to get there. Accountability is not about giving people more responsibility or punishing them for errors. The goal is simple – encourage actions that are consistent with desired results. This frame of mind sets the pace for Accountability at Work.
The program leads participants through the concept and practices of accountability in two respects – personal and mutual accountability. The first half of the program focuses on encouraging actions that are consistent with behavior-related expectations – teaching participants how to take responsibility for the consequences and outcomes of individual choices and actions by building trust, seeking feedback, and learning from mistakes; while, the second half of the program provides insight into taking actions that are consistent with task-related expectations – participants discover how to count on one another to keep commitments by establishing accountability agreements and engaging in accountability conversations both within and outside of teams. Breaking the concept and practices of accountability down to the personal and mutual level presents participants with the opportunity to develop a more complete understanding of how to effect a culture of accountability in their workplace.
- Identify the benefits of accountability and the areas in which it is most important.
- Recognize the components for building personal accountability.
- Recognize the components for encouraging mutual accountability.
- Overcome obstacles to accountability.
- Engage in conversations that resolve broken agreements and lead to a greater commitment to expectations in the future.
- Introduction to Accountability
- Personal Accountability - Behaviors
- Mutual Accountability - Tasks
- The Accountability Conversation
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course
Note: This product will be a digital download via emailed link - please add Haply.online as a safe site to your email.