Cross-Cultural Adaptability Inventory - Theoretical Background
Awareness of our own cultural identities and experiences is the first step to becoming more effective cross-culturally.
The Cross Cultural Adaptability Inventory (CCAI) workshop is a powerful experience that helps participants identify their personal areas of low cultural understanding and provides examples of ways to improve them. Participants will identify thier individual strengths and weaknesses in four skill areas that are fundamental to effective cross-cultural communication and interaction: Emotional Resilience, Flexibility/Openness, Perceptual Acuity, and Personal Autonomy.
In direct response to needs expressed by cross-cultural trainers and teachers for a well-constructed and easily obtainable self-assessment training instrument on cross-cultural adaptability, this Inventory was created. It was designed to respond to several needs and practical concerns which are expressed by culturally-diverse and cross-culturally orientated populations and by the trainers and professionals who work with them.
CCAI’s insights into successfully adapting to new situations, people and customs can be used for:
- Promoting multi-cultural discussions in a training setting
- Assisting individual self-selection for international business assignments
- Developing readiness for travel or study abroad
- Counseling individuals considering life changes involving other cultures
- Improving the effectiveness of intercultural virtual teams and work groups
- Selecting and training global leaders
- Building and sustaining a corporate culture that values and embraces cultural diversity
The Facilitator Set is a set of directions for the Cultural Passport to Anywhere and the Self-Assessment form. Participants explore their own cultural identity and learn to improve their interactions with other cultures. Forty-five steps create an informative, interesting, practical, and fun learning experience. The design includes detailed methods for using the Passport, as well as the administration, scoring, profiling, and interpretation of the CCAI. This detailed and step-by-step guide for planning and delivering a powerful learning experience give you everything needed to facilitate a full day workshop.
The CCAI takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and score. You can expand the learning into a 2 – 7 hour session. The results must be charted by the participant so time should be allowed for that.
Includes one comprehensive Cross-Cultural Adaptability Inventory Facilitator Guide, sample participant materials, including the Self-Assessment, Workbook, and Action-Planning Guide.
Order one per trainer.
- Cross-Cultural Adaptability Inventory - Self-Assessment
- Cross Cultural Adaptability Inventory - Workbook & Action Planning Set
- Cross Cultural Adaptability Inventory - Facilitation Guide